1. Submit statement of declaration to IIEFFT regarding intention to become a supervisor and receive guidance in moving forward.
2. Training process should involve exposure to at least two EFFT supervisors throughout the process of assistance and supervision, one of whom is a Board member
3. Certified Advanced EFFT Therapist for at least one year
4. Observe a minimum of 3 EFFT supervision sessions with certified EFFT supervisor (video acceptable)
5. Facilitate minimum of 8 supervision sessions within one year
6. Record 2 clinician block chair work (as the facilitator) to be reviewed in supervision
7. Minimum of 8 hours of video supervision of supervision delivery with a peer or supervisee and at least 2 hours of experiential supervision of tricky questions and scenarios with a Board member (for a minimum of 10 hours total)
*in the course of video review, training supervisor will have observed content from each of the EFFT modules
8. Assisting in a volunteer capacity at a minimum of 2 trainings (one of which is at least 3 days) with a certified trainer
(with focus on training to become a supervisor)
9. Meet additional criteria for ongoing certification (to be developed)
*Candidates can work toward criteria for Supervisor and Trainer status concurrently if desired
Copyright © 2017 International Institute for Emotion-Focused Family Therapy - All Rights Reserved.